Roasted Potatoes with Blue Cheese-Walnut "Butter"
- 1 lb. thin-skinned baby potatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Meanwhile, put the walnuts in a small baking pan or skillet and place in the oven to toast for 6 to 8 minutes. Tip into a bowl and let cool. Add the blue cheese and scallions and crumble with your fingers.
When the potatoes are done, turn them over and sprinkle evenly with the walnut mixture. Bake for 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
Makes 4 servings.