Thursday, May 16, 2013

week eleven: entry mirror

 photo IMG_4064_zps6a7974ad.jpg  photo IMG_4063_zps23f2922d.jpg  photo IMG_4066_zpsa4fa88d2.jpg

Remember this mirror? I don't blame you--I had kind of forgotten about it myself. I had planned to hang it above our bed after I found or made a headboard (which obviously has not happened yet). But, then I started reading some feng shui article and learned about how bad it is to have two mirrors facing each other (we have a very large mirror attached to our dresser which is directly across from the wall where I intended to hang this mirror). Also, we are kind of thinking about hanging the painting that used to be in our living room above the bed.

I had purchased this mirror to hang next to our front door, but when I got it home and started to hang it, I just hated it. This gold mirror has literally been sitting around my house for nearly 2 years (eek!), so I decided to just hang it up, and I love it here. It is perfect. Every front door should have a mirror next to it, right?

Looking at these photos, I am realizing how desperately our front door needs to be painted. We bought some glossy black paint for this door, so we'll see how that turns out--I'll try to get that done this weekend! I also need some new curtains for that slider door. Feel free to send me some fabric or curtain options! I am struggling with finding just the right thing (I kind of like this concept, but I'm not sure about the color ways available).

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad to hear you're going to paint the door black! That was exactly what I thought it needed when I saw the picture and thought "would it be too annoying for me to suggest that???" It is looking great!

Rachel Angevine said...

@Rebecca: It totally would not be annoying. You have such a great eye--I would love to hear any and all of your thoughts on my home :) Thank you!