Sunday, September 15, 2013

week fifteen: the front door

 photo IMG_4158_zps9ff6f728.jpg

As promised, here is an updated photo of our living room with the front door painted a glossy black! I am really loving the way this looks in our home. It helps to pull together some of the different elements in our open living area and makes everything seem a little more polished.

After painting the door, I realized that I am not loving the silver door hardware, but I don't think replacing it with something that I love is not really an option right now due to our HOA. I'm going to look into it, but I'm not sure that it's possible to have one style of door knob/lock on the outside and another on the inside... I did do some research, though, and found this tutorial for spray painting door hardware. I'm going to give it a try, and you can be sure that I will let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

Jim Lang @ RenewalOfMaine said...

Black is the color of simplicity and elegance. What makes black a good and safe choice is that it blends well with all interior designs. I'm curious to how or what your door looked like before. You should post pictures of it for comparison and to see its transformation.

Rachel Angevine said...

Hi Jim! Thank you for your comment! You can see a picture of the door before we painted it black here: http://silvertrinkets.blogspot.com/2013/05/week-twelve-coffee-table.html